Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Latest Panacea

Ford has done it again.  They've come right out and found the solution for all their problems.  Well, at least one of them - dwindling market share.  'What's the solution' you ask?  It's the Edge
 
As usual, I wish 'em all the luck in the world with this one, but I tend to believe that this one just won't quite hit the market sweet spot they're envisioning, sales will lag, and this thing will be discounted like mad come April or May. 
 
Think about it - what are the last Ford products to 'hit'?  The newest Mustang.  The Escape.  Then you go back to the Explorer and Taurus.  That's it.  That's the list.  And it's not a very long one. 
 
On the flip side, I did get my first on-road look at the Honda Fit this morning.  That thing is a real head scratcher.  Looks like a slightly oversized Yugo.  Small wheels, not that dissimilar in body style to the Toyota Matrix.  Didn't impress me much. 

No comments: