Wednesday, March 11, 2009

AIPS PLO

Man what a complete waste of time.  And I cashed. 

One hand of note in the first hour - with KQJT, the flop came QTT, I led out for like 2/3 pot and got two callers.  Wonderful.  Turn is a K giving me a slightly better boat.  This was only limped preflop so I'm not the least bit afraid of a bigger boat than mine.  I pot it, a guy thinks and then flips over...the flush draw...on a paired board.  ye Gods.  This got me going. 

Had it over 7k chips and up to, I think, 5th overall.   Then I slowly died off.  I had no intentions of limping past the bubble - I really wanted to build a stack and get deep in this event - but I could not find a playable situation to save my life.  Either someone raised in front of me or I was dealt shit.  Usually both.  A couple of idiots were SOOO obviously raising light and I was just waiting, dying to trap them.  Never happened. 

Went out when I potted it UTG w/ QQ45 double-suited.  I was about to get crippled by the blinds anyway.  I ran into KKxx and a flopped set of 9s.  Good night. 

Part of it is the game itself.  PLO is freaking nuts.  Part of it is the field.  It's a hard enough game to play against people who know what they're doing, but when you're playing against people who chase with allsortsashit, watch out.  Waaayyy too much variance for my liking. 

I go to bed now.

No comments: