Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bubble Dilemma

$30 Sit-n-Go.  After flopping a set early, running into a flush and getting away as cheaply as possible (villain checked the river, holding the nuts, and I checked behind), I'm shortstacked and card dead for most of this event.  Player to my immediate right has built a stack and is playing aggressively, raising whenever he's first to the pot and in mid-to-late position.  The times he's been looked up, his holdings have been, well, fair at best.
 
Down to ~350 chips at 50/100, I double up three times and get back into things.  When we get to the bubble and the hand in question, here are the stack sizes. 
 
UTG:  95 (yes, ninety-five)
Button: ~3000
SB: ~ 6900
BB (me): ~3500
 
UTG and Button fold.  SB shoves.  I look down at QQ. 
 
In a normal situation, this is a super-easy call.  He's overshoved several times already, and I feel it's quite likely I'm ahead here. 
 
Shove or Fold?
 
Isn't this just a question of your goals - i.e. are you trying to cash first, then trying to win, or are you trying to win and willing to take this opportunity to double up and take the chip lead?

1 comment:

Snuffy said...

Ugh.

Fold then throw up.