Thursday, November 23, 2006

First Hand Brutality

After a turkey day full of chaos, I decide to sit down at night and relax with a nice game of FullTilt Poker. I settle in on my usual $1 NLHE sit & go, and lo and behold, I get dealt QQ in one shy of the cutoff position on the very first hand. It's raised up to $105 to go, so I make the call to see the flop.

It comes at me Q-4-J rainbow. I'm in the lead for certain. And what's this - I get three all-ins ahead of me. Well it's my lucky day! I insta-call and take the lead going to the turn.

But I'm in trouble. Not so much by the guy holding 4-4, he's got one out. Not even so much by the guy holding A-A, even though he has three outs relative to me, he's only got runner As to beat the guy holding 10-K.

And doesn't the turn bring the A, filling out this guy's straight. Yep, the guy who went all-in on just a draw wins the hand. Details here:

No comments: