Friday, November 03, 2006

Vent

Allow me to vent.
 
I'm sitting at a $0.05/$0.10 NL cash game.  Bets are capped...so no matter how much $$ you have, you can't bet more than $3 at any hand.  I bring $5 to the table. 
 
Guy to my left seems to be playing quite loose.  Saw him lose a hand with cards he never should've played with.  I took a smaller pot from him when he continued to bet with nothing.  It's the guy you'd rather have on your right than on your left, but I think there's some profit to be made here.
 
A few hands in, I get 35o in the big blind and check.  Flop comes 2-3-5.  Hot damn.  I bet the pot, he calls (??), and we go to the turn.  Turn is a 7.  I bet the pot AGAIN and he calls. 
 
What do you put this guy on?  Me - I've put him on A-x.  Take two guesses to what the river is.  He bets out and I fold to save my money.  I'm 80% positive he had the A...maybe A-6 or K-6.  There was no way to get him off the hand. 
 
In the next few minutes, he's throwing back cash from playing too loosely.  Eventually, I get AQo.  Flop is Q-x-x, but two hearts.  I bet something like 1/2 pot.  Calls me.  Turn is a blank.  I bet the pot, he calls again.  River is a K.  I bet, he raises, we cap the bet, and he turns over K-x of hearts. 
 
In BOTH CASES, I get my money in with the best hand, make bets/raises which stack the pot odds against him...and he continues to draw and ends up sucking out on me both times. 
 
This drives me completely batshit crazy. 

No comments: