Tuesday, February 26, 2008

CHIMPS LHE

My God am I pissed.  Not at anyone, just at the damned luck. 

Played uber tight, caught a couple cards when I was on the brink, and landed at the final table.  Picked off a Snuffy bluff to move up to the middle of the ladder, and just waited for a couple to fall out and/or for me to catch a monster.

Well the latter sure didn't happen.  In fact, the best I had all night was QQ, as well as AK a bunch of times, and I won a handful of those after uncontested preflop raises. 

Lo and behold, every damned short stack who got it in either had a monster or sucked out.  This must've happened a half dozen times, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna go look because I'm exhausted.

So finally it's my turn with AJs and I run into AKs.  In about 2 of the next 4 hands, the money bubble bursts. 

The hand I regret most is folding 99 from UTG.  I think it was the right move at a full table, where there was a decent amount of preflop action, but I sure would've loved to have flopped the set i would've flopped...and I would've gotten action - something that seemed to elude me tonight when I had cards.

If you told me hours ago that I'd reach the final table of this, after all that's gone on here today, I'd be ecstatic.  If you told me 10 minutes before I busted that I'd go out ninth, I'd have cried bullshit.  And now I'm just crying.

No comments: