Monday, February 25, 2008

Home Game Recap

Another gem of a home game. 

Let's see...I never had an above average stack.  Lost with 10 10 vs JJ.  Lost with KcJc vs. A2 (flops a 2, rivers an A).  Got in the spot pretty early where I had to wait for a good hand to come, and when it did, the flop usually missed me. 

At one point I get Ah3h in the BB, check, and the flop is 3 3 8 rainbow.  I bet 200 (small compared to the pot) and get two callers.  Turn is garbage.  I bet 400 and get two callers.  The river is the fourth 3 and I have quads.  So I shake my head and just check...hoping to be able to repop someone with a pocket pair who sees nothing but full boat.  They both check behind.  Dammit. 

This was the hands down highlight.  Dealt JJ.  A couple of limpers.  I raise it to 800 (it was 150/300) and get one caller from early position.  The flop is T T x.  Checked to me and I bet another 800 at it.  I'm checkraised 1500 more (2300 total).  He has to have a 10.  Must be A 10, K10 or maybe Q 10.  I think and fold and say he has to have it.  He flips over

...wait for it...

Tc3c

A 2.5x raise can't chase a guy off of 10 3 from early position.  I just don't know what to do.   Make a reasonable bet and they stay with garbage.  Make a huge bet and everyone folds and I only win blinds.  The best part was when I ranted about what I needed to do to get people off their hands, he goes "but they were suited". 

BTW, JJ vs T3 suited...I'm an 83/17 favorite.  If his T3 is unsuited, I'm a 87/13 favorite.  I guess those 4 points make all the difference.  Sigh.

So finally I'm first to act.  I have 1800 chips left and the blinds are 300/600...going to 500/1000 the very next hand.  I'm shoving with anything, and I happen to shove w/ KQ.  Two callers.  I turn a Q for top pair, river a J for the A-high straight and triple up to 5400 chips.  Very next hand I have 8s5s in the BB.  Limped around and I check.  Flop is 5-high (5 2 3) and I shove.  No callers (was hoping the naked ace out there would call his flush draw.  No such luck).  Now I have 7000+ chips.  Back in business.

Two hands later, I have K 10 from late position.  A few limp in.  The flop is three undercards to my holding.  Checks around.  Turn is a K.  The same guy w/ the 10 3 from earlier bets at it.  I go over the top...all-in.  He thinks for about a minute.  I must have him.  He calls and turns over K8.  No 8 on the board.  Beautiful.  I'm about to have about 15,000 chips and be right back in this. 

River = 8.  Three-outer.  I go home. 

No comments: