Tuesday, February 05, 2008

CHIMPS Stud8

What a yo yo of an event this one was. 

I took the chip lead early on by twice making flushes on 7th street - once to lock the low as well, once while starting w/ 3 to a K-high flush, then defending a pair of Qs and then hitting runner runner again to scoop.  Also made a gutshot on 7th street while defending a pair of Jacks against a strong opponent who had aces up most of the way.  Just lucktardily delicious.  But as always...win early, lose late.

10 minutes after the break, I'm dealt [5h 3d] As, complete it and get called by Ad.  After a J and a K, I fold on 6th.  Lost about 240 chips here.
5 minutes later, I start with [Ad 7c] 5h, complete it, get two callers, and catch a 9.  I bail. 
The very next hand I start with [6c 4s] 2h, complete it, get repopped by As, and call.  I catch another duck on 4th, check it and it's checked behind.  On 5th I catch Kh and my opponent has a pair of sixes showing.  I call his bet here, get the damned 3 on 6th street to keep me in and brick out on the river.  Now I'm down to 2440 chips after 4300 to start this run. 

I ante/bring-in that down below 2000 when I get [3h 2d] 5d.  The three of clubs completes in front of me and I call and we're heads up.  Guess what...here comes Kd and Js and now I'm down to 1500 chips. 

Now with 1350 left, I complete my own bring-in with [3c 7c] 5h.  I get two callers, pick up a J and a T and just eff me right in the arse already. 

Down to just over 650 chips, I'm dealt [Jd Ks] [3c], bring it in and get a caller.  I pick up a T, he makes a move with 8c 9c showing and I figure I've got overs to at least his up cards.  I've been taking it in the can for the last hour and if he has a straight or flush draw I might as well just take it again and get this over with.  I push, he has the flush draw, nails it on 6th and I crash and burn in 11th place out of 22 runners. 

Man, this started off soooooooooo good. 

No comments: