Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Never-Ending Cooler

Had my heart set on playing some tourneys and SNGs tonight.  Let's go to the recap:

* $2.20 NLHE Donkfest on Stars.  99<57o on a 3 4 6 flop.  I preflop raise it from UTG+2 and get called by said hand.  Later on, with a short stack, I get it in w/ AKo vs JJ and TT, never improving

* $11 SNG on Tilt.  Lose 2/5ths of my stack when 88<KQ on a rivered straight.  Then I lose the rest with AA UTG, standard raise, and a call.  I shove on a 5KQ rainbow flop and stack off to KQh.  I was dealt AA 3x in 28 hands here.  Doubled up on the first, won a small pot with the second, got stacked on the third.  WP, djm182.  WP you piece of shit.

* $8.80 169 player tourney on Tilt.  Get the Cosenza in the cutoff on first hand.  UTG and hijack limp in and call my raise.  Flop 4QA w/ 2 diamonds.  Checks around, I bet 1/2 pot and hijack calls.  Turn Td.  He check calls me again.  River is 4th diamond, he shoves and I fold, 1/4 of my stack gone. 

I fold a dozen hands in a row, then find AKo on the button.  Short stack shoves (305 chips), idiot hijack from earlier hand flat calls that.  I shove.  Hijack comes along (of course he does).  Shorty has 57c, Idiot has 99 (ok, fine).  What happens?  Wait for it.  I.  Never.  Improve. 

* OK, one last $11 SNG on Tilt.  I chip up a bit early.  About 13 hands in I have AJd in MP and raise.  Folds around to the UTG limper who calls.  Flop TAK rainbow.  I bet and get min-raised.  I tilt off and shove.  He calls w/ ATo. 

My mistakes?  There are (at least) three.
1) I'm too eager to get chips in against a bigger stack early on in events.
2) I'm not sniffing out player characteristics like I should. 
3) I keep playing despite being on a three-month run of bad luck and suspect play.

For about two months this fall, I *pwned* the $10-$20 SNGs.  Now I'm getting destroyed.  It's not all my fault, but I bear a good chunk of the blame.  This endless cooler sure isn't helping, though.

Enough of this bullshit, I'm off to the Wii. 

No comments: