Monday, February 16, 2009

Tonight's Specialty...

...runner-runner flush.



Worst.  Run.  Ever. 
- I cannot catch a reasonable starting hand
- When I do, I'm getting NO action...or too much action.  One hand earlier in this SNG at the 30/60 level, I have AKo on the button.  There are two limpers in front of me.  I pop it to 325 to go.  Both blinds and both limpers call.  Yes, five to the flop when I'm holding AK.  Needless to say, the flop is coordinated junk and I have to throw it away to the instashove from the blinds. 
- I'm making very few bluff attempts - and when I do bluff, I get picked off (like in AIPS ... one bluff and I run smack into a monster).
- I'm repeatedly getting short-stacked in my quest to find a playable situation.  I'm more than happy to be aggressive and am looking for opportunities to do so, but I'll be damned if I reraise in a SNG w/ K2 suited and assorted trash like that. 
- When I finally get the cards in, I'm either super short and just trying to find anything to shove with...or I'm getting it in ahead and getting out drawn. 

This will end.  It has to end.  I just can't figure out how or when. 

No comments: