Thursday, June 05, 2008

PLHE Struggles

I multi-tabled (i.e. 2-tabled, which is a lot for my ADD mind to handle) micro PLHE 6-max tables last night.  The results were, um, positive, I guess.  In hindsight, I felt like I was limping a lot more than would be optimal.  On the other hand, I was largely dealt crap and when you're battling with a lot of limpers and calling stations, it's best to wait for something to hammer them with. 

I kept hitting bottom or middle pair on weak flops and having to lay down hands to strong turn/river bets.  I called a few of these and did pick up a bluff or two, but probably bled more chips than I gained from that strategy.  Once with a decent pocket pair (99) on a board with all undercards, I kept getting called on each street by a guy with a ridiculous VPIP.  The river peels off an ace and he leads out into me.  I type "Ace-rag wins again" and fold.  Of course, I'm then called a whiner, an idiot, and clever and all that.  That's fine.  Say what you want, just stay at my table please.  I'm also thoroughly convinced that I was right. 

I never hit a straight or a flush all night.  Flopped one set that turned into quads but only got marginal action.  Had KK later on and saw a K44 flop, and I led out from EP with a probing bet that I thought someone might play back on.  Nope. 

There was a lot of "hit and run" at these tables.  Guys would show up, try to chip up quickly, and if they won a big pot they'd bail.  Some idiot shows up, flops sets twice in four total hands played, then takes the money to a table with 5x the stakes.  Jerk. 

Long story short, after being stuck for around a buy-in, I finally clawed back to a marginal profit. 

Me thinks this is almost as bad as it can get at these tables. 


1 comment:

Kevin said...

What you doing in the poker rooms online? Come to Vegas for the real action.

What is up? I miss my friend. How are you? Visit me http://bushbaker.com