Monday, June 02, 2008

SNG Struggles

I played two of 'em last night.  The first was Turbo PLO8, and I'll be damned if I didn't pick up a viable starting hand.  I charged after one hand with AK3x ss and took it down on a ragged flop.  In the second, I started w/ A45J all clubs, raised from the cutoff and got called from the button.  I picked up a gutshot (36x was the flop) w/ a backdoor and a shot at the nut low if I could get a deuce to fall.  I shoved my short stack in, bricked out and that was that.  Why do I keep subjecting my tight style of play to a format where you MUST land a quality hand in a short period of time? 

So on to a regular old NLHE SNG.  At one stretch, I was dealt AQo, QQ and AKs in back-to-back-to-back hands.  I won the first two, lost the second when AKs < A5s.  Later on after I had tripled up to get back to a playable level of chips, I got it all in against a short stack w/ AJo vs AJs.  He rivers the flush.  Finally I get in push-or-fold mode again, lose with KJs to 77 when he flops a 7, then with 2/3 of my stack in as the BB, I call a SB raise with J5o.  He has 66...flops a set and rivers quads. 

I'm curious to see what it's like to have a horseshoe jammed up my ass.  Lately it's only been someone else's foot.

No comments: