Friday, April 25, 2008

As I predicted

It was a downer last night.

* I played a $2 PLO SNG just to try and brace myself for the joke that will chew up my Saturday afternoon.  The very first hand the guy to my left quadruples up when four folks move in on the flop.  One guy had top set.  One guy had an OESD.  One guy had top pair (ha).  Guy to my left flopped 2nd nut straight and that held up.  I played cautiously, missed flops, and went out in completely unspectacular fashion.

* Next it was on to a HORSE SNG.  Limit Hold'em is starting to move up amongst my favorite games.  I love trying to hit straight/flush draws and here's the game for just that.  Of course, you can sit back and watch the first go-around of these games, picking your spots.  I chipped up with a big Stud hand, made it to the money, got blinded/anted down short and shoved into a monster.

* Finally I took a stab at a stupid Turbo NLHE SNG.  I chipped up early, got short, and shoved A3s into AA, going out in 5th.  This event played out very bi-polar.  It was a shove and pray fest early on.  Once it got to 5-handed, it became uber tight.  I waited for something with a little gusto to move with and just waited too long and picked the wrong spot. 

Down about $6 for the night.  Blah.  Saturday is the AIPS PLO event which I'm better than 50/50 to play in.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind if that one is a quick one.  Saturday night is the home game.  And for some unknown reason I've agreed to tee it up w/ the neighbors on Sunday at 8AM. 

No comments: