Monday, April 07, 2008

SNG Hell

Card dead...up against push monkeys and calling stations...AND the wireless router is on the fritz the ONE time I try to use the laptop and catch some hoops. Of course, once when I get AK, the router craps out and I disconnect/fold (not to be confused with the old limp/fold or check/fold maneuvers).

I finally get it all in w/ about 5BBs w/ ATs from EP. It folds around and the BB calls with 89s. He flops two pair after that horrendous call, my straight draw never gets there and I crash and burn in 5th.

Absolutely the most infuriated I've EVER been in a SNG - and it's because of the damned router.

I'd pay money to flop a set or start with a big pair. Just running so dry right now.

UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE...after posting this, I won two SNGs in a row: both $6.50 turbos. Now that's more like it. Whaddaya know...I played solidly, caught some cards but not a tidal wave of lucktardness, and exploited the pushmonkeys.

And with 2:29 left in OT, Kansas is up six. I'm probably jinxing it, but I'll say this...all year they talked about Memphis' ability from the stripe. It's amazing how at the most critical moments of the year how that Achilles heel pops back up.

No comments: