Friday, May 23, 2008

AIPS Rebuy

I don't have much to say about this because the sooner I strike it from my memory, the better.

I chipped up quite nicely early on when I saw a flop w/ JsQs, and what a flop it was: AKT.  EP bet, I raised and we got it all in.  He had AK.  Ouch.  I slowly built that stack until about the :40 minute mark when I made a horrific play.  With a standard raise in front, I called w/ 77.  Late position shoved.  The EP leader folded.  Now the LP guy had openly expressed amazement at some of the play so far - clearly not familiar with a low $ rebuy format.  I should've put him on something good, but instead I prayed he had AK or something.  He had QQ and I was down to <2000 chips. 

I went broke soon thereafter, rebought, got it back up over 3k chips.  Then the hand of the night that ruined things.  I can't recall if this was late in the rebuy period or early in the post-rebuy period, but I had AKo in EP.  I don't remember the action, but two short stacks behind me got it AIPF and I came along as well.

Me: AKo
SS1: 4c5c
SS2: AcTc

And the flop puts an A AND a K out there.  Wooot!!  Only one problem.  Two of the cards are clubs.  Are you effing kidding me?  The turn is a third club, and I go from a good double-up+ opportunity back to a short stack. 

Then I go on a ridonkulous run of starting hands.  Actually, the first hand back from break, I just barely made it to the seat in time to see the ticker counting down, and AA staring me in the face.  I made a 3x raise from the cutoff, prayed to God that I'd get action, but only got a call and then a check/fold from one of the blinds.  Thanks, Sharkey. :)

After that, I never saw a big ace.  I only saw three pocket pairs - 44 which I folded to a big reraise, 99 which I shoved with and had it fold around, and 77 which I shoved with from EP when I was real short, got called by the big stack loose bully with Ax suited, and he rivered the Ace to finish me off. 

Every other hand in this period was 94, K2, J3, T7, etc.  The only marginally playable hands all fell to me in EP.  I probably missed a resteal opportunity or two, but I was so short so quickly that I felt I had to at least have something.  Only that something never came. 

Out, I believe, in 30th of 101.  Eh.  The last 90 minutes or so were just immensely frustrating.  I kept waiting and waiting for my double-up and it never came. 

No comments: