Wednesday, May 14, 2008

On Second Thought...

...this actually kept me up a bit last night.  I played the hand that crippled me (AQ vs. KK) poorly.

UTG raises 3x in this hand.  It folds around to me on the button.  At the time, my thought process was that said player is a bit loose and aggressive at times.  I thought about it, didn't like the fold, sure didn't want to just call off 1/5th of my chips.  So I shoved. 

In hindsight, I definitely didn't pay enough attention to the position of his raise.  Also, his aggressiveness is post-flop.  He will often bluff and/or check-raise on draws. 

I think this should have been a fold.  It's hard to just release AQ like that, but against an UTG raiser, I had to assume a pair of paint cards or maybe AK.  I'm likely behind to a good chunk of his range. 

Poor play by me.

No comments: