Thursday, May 01, 2008

Rough afternoon, good night

How to recover from this?  Play three events online, that's how!!

* I've toyed around a bit with Stars, but hadn't played any MTTs there in a long LONG time.  So last night I settle in and see a Stud8 MTT.  Why not?  Well here's why not - it's a $1 buy-in.  And I couldn't catch a cold, let alone any decent starting hands.  Let's just move on.

*...to a $5 NLHE SNG.  In the very first hand, I notice some mook making a big turn or river bet, inducing a fold and showing a pure bluff.  Valuable information right out of the gate.  Well I chipped up early in this one to around 3000 chips.  Next thing you know, I wake up with KK in late position.  Said mook makes a 2x raise (to 160) from UTG or UTG+1.  It folds around to me and I pop it to 760.  He calls.  Therefore, any and all logic says he has either a pair of paint cards, or maybe AKs, perhaps AKo.  The flop comes 6 9 5 rainbow and he shoves all-in.  Well God bless him if he has AA, but I'm calling this 99.9% of the time against a proven knucklehead. 

He had 66 for the flopped set.  Ugh.  I was short, I prayed, and I lost. 

* Never fear, we march right into a $6 Turbo NLHE.  I was on the winning end of a fairly nasty suckout, chipped up, and found myself heads up against another player who played only the two cards in his hand.  It's such a great feeling when you can clearly determine your opponent's tendencies.  Wrapped it up when I saw a cheap flop w/ 58o, flopped two pair and got him to call my pot size bet w/ two overs.  He paired his Q on the turn and got it all-in, but I held up. 

Small profit = good night. 

No comments: