Thursday, May 08, 2008

So I had this glorious recap of a HORSE SNG from last Thursday planned to go.  Twas a recap where I got short, hit a runner runner suckout to survive, then played some real good poker and freaking won it.  I was as happy with this win as I'd been with any SNG triumph (except for the suckout).

Then it hit me. 

Six days, several bags of IV fluids, a couple injections of morphine, and a whole lotta rest later ... I'm back. 

I dabbled a bit in some micro NLHE cash games while away.  Mostly neutral results.  It's clear, though, that there's money to be made here, albeit surely not at these limits.  I had some favorable HORSE cash game results as well.  I capped off my hiatus with a HORSE SNG last night where, at one point, the chip counts looked pretty much like this.

Player A: 3800
Player B: 3800
Player C: 3800
Me: the leftover scraps
Total chips in play: 12000

Somehow, I made the money in this one, only to go out in Razz when my (A 2)3 turned into trash. 

Homegame on Friday.  The insights I got from my student/teacher hand reviews should be valuable here and in other areas. 

No comments: