Monday, May 19, 2008

Bizarre Weekend

* Two rounds of golf, both ended up with decent scores, both saw me play better on the back than on the front, and neither had me hit the ball particularly well.  I did come alive the last 5 holes on Sunday and hit some good shots.  My misses are at least straight.  I just need to trust the changes.  Finding a repeatable putting stroke wouldn't hurt either.

* Played some PLHE cash Saturday night while generally screwing around on the net at the same time and while overtired.  Why I keep playing in situations like this escapes me.  Anyway, I just ran very cold for the longest time - getting no premium pairs, and having every big ace miss a flop.  I bought in for $5 and added on enough to be committed in total for $10.  Then I'm dealt AA, raise it big and actually get a caller.  The flop is 4 5 T rainbow.  I bet pot and he calls.  Turn appears to be a blank.  I pot it again and get another caller.  Now I only have pennies behind so I shove on the river and he calls.  He had 36s for an OESD that never got there.  Wham-o, now there's $12 in front of me and I'm up.  This is when I should've left, but I saw too much soft play at the table.  And it came back to bite me. 

Minutes later I'm dealt 77 and get to see a garbage flop with an overcard and two unders.  A LAG guy bets out at it weakly, and I call.  He makes a bigger move on the turn and I raise him up pot.  I've got him on a big ace that missed.  He raises that, and I'm committed.  He had 99 and neither of us ended up pairing.  This took about $6 out of my stack.

Then I get dealt Ah2h in EP and decide I'm going to play this like a donk, so I limp in, it gets popped by a guy behind me and the first thing that came into my head was that he had KK.  One guy calls and I finish the action.  We see a flop of A2x - all clubs.  I pot-it.  The initial raiser comes along and the other guy does as well.  I am now all-in with top and bottom pair against KK (knew it) and some trash.  Alas, one of the kings was Kc and he rivered the flush.  Thank you and good night.

* On Sunday night I sit for a $10 HORSE SNG.  Second hand in I have AQo in EP and raise it.  It's reraised by MP to 90, I believe the button calls and I call as well.  The flop is 8 T J giving me a double gutshot.  It checks around.  Turn is another T.  I check and the MP reraiser bets out.  I call.  The river is the 9 completing my straight.  I bet, he stews and calls and flips over AKs.  He then berates me in the chat, which I find hilarious - dude clearly missed the flop, so the T on the turn didn't help his cause, and I've got a two way straight draw and possibly the best hand anyway. 

Things went along just nicely from there - I made a great hand in Stud Hi first go-around when I started with (QxQd)5d, then turned two more diamonds and represented the flush.  Kept getting called.  6th street gave me a third Q and 7th street paired a 4 that I already had for the well-hidden boat.  When it got to the second trip through razz, my stack was still strong, though not far above average.  The BI is two to my left with a K showing.  It folds to me with [J 4]A and I'm completing this 100% of the time.  The guy in the middle is squeezed out but the K calls.  He gets an 8 on 4th st, and a T on 5th st and keeps calling me.  I check 7th street after making a J7 and he ended up with an 86.  He started with K8 + some other low card.  My God where do these people come from?

This got me short, and when it got to Stud, I had < 2000 chips.  Down to 1600 or so I call a bet with Qd showing and two more diamonds underneath.  4th street gives me my 4th diamond.  There are three people left in the hand, and it's bet and raised in front of me.  I can either fold and be down to ~1200 chips or repop it and pray.  And I ain't folding, so I reraise it.  Both come along.  One guy had [KK]xx.  The other had [QQ]88.  I'm in decent enough shape, with only one diamond burnt.  These two jamokes each bag a diamond on 5th and one of them steals another on 6th.  Interestingly, the KK guy went runner runner runner 5 on the last three streets to take it down.  I never improved and have to go to the rail watching the aforementioned loudmouth, the razz moron, and these two jamokes play on while I wrap it up in 5th. 

But I'll be back.  The play is just too bad to stay away. 

No comments: